UAAP Season 76

Page 22 of 23 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: UAAP Season 76

Post by ghost09 on Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:48 am

Kailangan nang tangapin haha.

Good Read - nalungkot ako para sa boys . Parang gusto ko ding sumigaw ng "Warriors Ako" haha .

Hope to see a better warriors team next year. Whoever the coach or players may be -- tuloy parin ang laban ng mga anak ni Lualhati

[url= [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

COLUMN: The fall of the UE Red Warriors

The locker room of the UE Red Warriors was like a morgue. Minutes after being eliminated from Final Four contention by Ateneo, the men in red and white forlornly filed inside where they could let out their emotions.

Ralf Olivares, unable to suit up as he served out the last game of his suspension, was beside himself. He sobbed uncontrollably at being both unable to help his team while regretting his actions that led to his suspension.

Veterans Jai Flores, Adrian Santos and JM Noble sat with their eyes wide open. Shock does that. This was their final UAAP campaign. The season that began with so much promise ended with a sickening thud.

Charles Mammie shook his head and buried his face in a huge towel.

A couple of other players sobbed. Roi Sumang, in a wheelchair and his knee wrapped in a protective brace rested his head on his hand. He took an awkward shot and fell awkwardly. He felt a pop and the first thing he thought of, “Huwag naman sana. Kailangan pa ako ng team.”

During the singing of the school hymn, UE head coach Boycie Zamar bit his lip. His eyes watered a bit but he knew he had to be strong. He knows the bittersweet taste of defeat. He began his UE career with two championships before UP and Ateneo closed out those four consecutive finals appearances with a pair of stinging losses.

“Guys,” he said in a tone that had not changed all season (it was one of encouragement). “Let’s gather around.”

“We gave it our best but it wasn’t enough,” he summed up. “Lumaban tayo at pinakita natin na hindi na tayo basta basta talunan. Hold your head high. Pag labas niyo dito, hold your head up high.”

That was one of the three oft repeated quotes of UE’s season.

When Zamar came in as a mid-season replacement for former teammate Jerry Codinera, he wanted his players to have fun, play with pride and to have a change in attitudes. The Red Warriors had tuned out Codinera. The losing wasn’t fun. Basketball wasn’t fun. Some had begun to wonder if they should have gone elsewhere.

Zamar, who ran the one-spot as a player, was essentially the extension of his coaches back then. So it prepared him for life after his playing career was over.

Under Zamar, he has presided on arguably two of the most exciting Red Warriors teams in college basketball history. He first coached that team of Paul Artadi, Ronald Tubid and James Yap, but that team fell apart in the Final Four.

Now, he has this team as led by Sumang, Mammie and Olivares that helped win six pre- and post-UAAP tournaments heading into this Season 76. They all know that this is the one that matters. Zamar embraced the tag of contender after having won the Filoil pre-season tourney. Their coach and his team long to break that long championship drought that has spanned close to three decades. In that span of time, every school save for Adamson and NU have surpassed the Red Warriors in terms of achievements.

“We are losers,” he constantly reminded his team in order not to get cocky. “We only had three wins last year. Remember where we came from and be humble.”

And that was part of the problem. Under their previous coaches, few of the current players got playing time. Perhaps save for Lord Casajeros, most players sat on the bench for much of their current career. Under Zamar, they blossomed but the lack of game experience hurt.

In what was a won game against UST, Adrian Santos foolishly threw away an inbound pass that led to a three-pointer and a quick swing by the Growling Tigers who took the game in two extension periods.

Under the glare of television, increased media exposure and the massive crowds, UE faltered.

“Sawang-sawa na ako matalo,” Sumang oft repeated during the Filoil Flying V Hanes Premier Cup and also during the early part of the UAAP season. At one point, he choked back the tears even after a win. After winning the Filoil Flying V Hanes Premier Cup, the Red Warriors liked their chances.

But even then I wondered if there was trouble ahead. If they had ambushed teams during the summer, the rest of the league was prepared for them come UAAP time.

For all their newfound confidence there were some potential landmines.

One of the problems with having Africans for centers is it displaces some players. In cases like UST or even San Beda or Perpetual Help, the locals have adjusted well. For Adamson and UE, key local components like Rodney Brondial and Chris Javier have at first been invisible.

Brondial adjusted after a while as it has allowed him to shoot jumpers of which he has. Javier has seen his confidence dip massively.

The ascension of Olivares as a second scoring threat for UE has seen Jay-R Sumido fail to summon his old form. He has been mostly an invisible player this campaign.

UE stayed head above water with a 4-3 record in the first round. The second round was another matter as suspensions to Mammie, Casajeros and Olivares hurt. Missed free throws and an inability to close out a game against FEU further hurt the Red Warriors. Since the mid-season break, UE has gone 1-4 with all their losses clearly winnable.

As Sumang sat in silence in that post-Ateneo match meeting inside their dugout, he couldn’t believe it was all over. Like Paul Lee before him, he had become a crowd favorite for his propensity for long bombs and incredible shots. The UAAP crowd appreciated him because he played much bigger than his height. After the loss to the Blue Eagles, every single Atenean and their coaching staff made their way to Sumang who typified UE’s struggle and carried the team on his small shoulders, to offer a sympathetic word and a handshake.

Inside the UE dugout, Zamar reminded his players once more, “Hindi pa tapos ‘to. We have two games to play. We have to still play hard. Wala na si Roi so we need everyone to step up. Let’s win this for ourselves and our community.”

“Taas ulo at noo pag labas natin.”

The team, save for Sumang who sat in the wheelchair, gathered for their traditional huddle cheer, “Sino ka?” asked Santos whose voice betrayed the collective disappointment.”

“Warriors ako.” the team answered.

Then the room fell silent.

ghost09

Back to top Go down

Post by icemint on Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:14 am

Kahit sabihin nilang may basbas si Perasol walang nakalagay sa UAAP Rulebook na pag may basbas pwede na maka-attend ang suspended coach me kesyo may basbas ng high-ranking offical ng Commissioner's Office!

Ano silbi ng suspension kung yung coach mo ay nasa dug-out at makakapagbigay pa ng mga instructions?

Ateneo is using it's media machinery to twist the situation and make it look legal.

icemint
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by icemint on Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:24 am

The "basbas" will deplete the essence of the suspension per se!
icemint
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by icemint on Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:23 am

Haha galit na galit ang isang Atenista..haha!

University Athletic Association of Protests
By Pio Garcia (philstar.com) | Updated September 10, 2013 - 5:06pm

If you live under a rock, then you have mightily missed University of the East’s record-breaking fifth straight complaint to the UAAP Board, Technical Committee or whatever kennel of dogs run the blasted University Athletic Association of Protests.

Well, sarcasm aside, after earning a straight flush of suspensions on Charles Mammie, Lord Casajeros and recently, MOA jumbotron poster boy suspended attendee Ralf Olivares, UE has decided to take their battles to another level: inside the boardroom! Walk with me down memory lane. These boardroom battles started before Greg Slaughter ever donned an Ateneo jersey, which was also put under protest by UE’s neighbors, Far Eastern illogical thinking-I mean-University.

But before that, the Tamaraws from Morayta made up a bogus and candy-taken-from-a-child rule named the Soc Rivera rule. And then everything was quiet through Season 74, apart from the Greg Slaughter issues, until NU hosted last season. Here’s when it got really bad. The Precedent, if I may call it. The hosts put a game under protest. And you know what? Then commissioner Ato Badolato put down the protests for a remake. But the Board of course have other things in mind, why they overturned the commissioner’s decision! Just like that, the NU-FEU game was replayed. Badolato quit his post in the process as well. I mean, who wouldn’t? You’re the commissioner, not a puppy, or a puppet. You are supposed to have the final say. Not the Board, not the TechCom. And then there’s the Jerie Pingoy Rule, which we all love to hate (which recently got TRO-ed by a UP complainant, rightfully so, and cheers to her!).

And now, we have a toothless commissioner for the UAAP. Let’s be serious. This “Kume” Chito does not wield the same powers that the other “Kume” Chito has. Much less, the balls to even make his post relevant. The way I see it, he’s been a yes-man for this board of German shepherds. Imagine that!

Now, let’s move on to the star of the show, the diva, the protester extraordinaire, UE. What they want is a clarification of the rule since as we all know Ateneo’s head coach, Bo Perasol, was suspended for their game. But lo and behold! He was watching from the dugout inside the MOA Arena. So UE’s butts started to quiver as they penned a protest using their collective quivering butts to write letters. They immediately put it under protest and wanted a forfeiture of the won game by the Blue Eagles. Reason being, a team personnel who got suspended should not be in the immediate vicinity of the playing court, well if I remember their haosiao fool-este-rule book right. Okay, fair point I guess.

But the hilarity of it all, UE, of all the schools, had then suspended Ralf Olivares beamed over the MOA jumbotron. Near the bench. In the immediate vicinity of the playing court. I do not know how these people who run the Red Warriors define immediate vicinity. But in Filipino: malamang yung hindi malapit sa bench at nakikita ka ng tao, hindi ba? Ano ba ang diperensiya ng personnel sa player? Well, for one, there’s none seeing as you are a member of the team, in whatsoever capacity, you are its personnel. You don’t say to the janitor or the security guard that you are not a staff of this school only a janitor and a guard, right?

But that doesn’t end there. Several more suspended personnel – oh fine, players! – showed up in their team’s games wherein they were not allowed to play. Thomas Torres of La Salle was there during his suspension. RR Garcia was present near the FEU bench when they faced UE and was beamed, like Olivares, on the jumbotron. Then, foolery of fooleries, UE’s Mammie and Casajeros were nearby the UE bench when they faced National University. That’s what Ateneo is pointing right now.

And that’s a fair point as well. Let’s hand it to the Jesuits’ command of the English language, not that I am belittling those of the others, for wanting to point out the dictionary meaning of stuff like, immediate vicinity, and personnel. What do they really mean in the UAAP fool book?

It means nothing by the way. As long as the Board has the Kume toothless, then we are watching not the the University Athletic Association of the Philippines, ladies and gents. We are in fool, este full, view of the University Ayaw Awat sa Protesta Red Warriors.

While the UE Protestants do have a strong point, so does Iglesia ng Ateneo. To make matters worse, UE is on a downside here, in my view, as Olivares, Mammie and Casajeros were pretty much in the IMMEDIATE VICINITY of the bench. Perasol? He was in the dugout. And the UP Alum is not stupid enough to go barnstorming inside a forbidden place. He asked for permission and it was said he could watch from afar. That’s what he did. Now whether he coached in the halftime or not, it can’t be proved nor disproved. In a way, this is taking credit away from Arespacochaga, the longtime student of Norman Black, for a massive turnaround after the first half.

Ateneo, by itself, does not want to involve in further politics. They want to win fair and square, in the basketball court, not the boardroom. For Ateneo to speak up and start flexing those muscles? Boy, someone must’ve roused a sleeping legal giant. I pity UE now, as much as I hate them. I know hate is a strong word. But they are being more degenerate people than that La Salle heckler. Heck, they are now as deep in crap as FEU in my CrapOlympics.

Come to think of it, if UE won that game, I’m pretty sure there would be no protest. Ateneo would not even bat an eyelash for seeing Olivares on the jumbotron. They want it decided on the basketball court. By basketball players. Not some overweight, head-over-heels fatties who call themselves board members.

I think we haven’t seen the last of this degenerate University Ayaw Awat sa Protesta Red Warriors either. They should change the tagline of this season as well. It’s no longer greatness never ends.

#DramaNeverEnds. That’s how it should be.
icemint
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by icemint on Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:26 am

Kaya pala nasa dug-out si Coach, nagbibigay daw ng notes haha..

Ano silbi ng suspension kung ganito lang din?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
icemint
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by syadaker on Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:22 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Pasingit lang, CDC muna tayo sa Sunday Very Happy

syadaker

Back to top Go down

Post by Anonymous_Red on Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:45 pm

galit na galit yung Pio Garcia mukhang siya din hindi nagbabasa ng rules?
Anonymous_Red

Back to top Go down

Post by icemint on Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:07 pm

lutung luto ang uaap board decision! kalokohan na talaga to!
icemint
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anonymous_Red on Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:09 pm

Tsk. well this is a classic example of Nek-nek-mo! Move on na lang. Just hope UST kick 'em out in the F4 contentation.
Anonymous_Red

Back to top Go down

Post by Anonymous_Red on Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:10 pm

contention..
Anonymous_Red

Back to top Go down

Post by Anonymous_Red on Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:33 pm

Worth posting.

sportsmaryosep.wordpress.com/2013/09/12/dura-lex-sed-lex/
Anonymous_Red

Back to top Go down

Post by syadaker on Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:34 pm

Do you agree with the UAAP board's decision to spare Ateneo from a forfeiture following coach Bo Perasol's presence in last Sunday's match while serving a one-game ban?

YES 15.21%
NO 84.79%
Total Votes: 1223

Di pa ba sapat yan?

Last edited by syadaker on Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:50 am; edited 1 time in total

syadaker

Back to top Go down

Post by Anonymous_Red on Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:08 am

Saw Asst Coach Billy Reyes in the LPU vs AU game. Our junior team head coach and Coach Z's asst that was banned by the UAAP for whole season. IMHO, he should attend the game on saturday and let see what's the Stupid Board's reaction!
Anonymous_Red

Back to top Go down

Post by icemint on Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:00 am

UE ang nagsuspend kay Coach Billy ng season-wide suspension
icemint
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by icemint on Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:53 am

What's with the UE Board Members not pursuing the forfeiture of the ADMU win? We have a valid argument and yet they just filed a clarification and not a formal protest?

I feel the UE Community was shortchanged. It's clear that Bo Perasol violated one UAAP Rule yet the Board decided not to penalize him with the proper sanction?!WTH!

In my honest and humble opinion, it's high time na palitan na ang UAAP Board Members. Masyado sila mabait para sa mga kasamahan nila sa UAAP Board. Dapat ang ilagay dyan eh yung dominante at may strong personality. Yung tipong mga Alpha Males ba.. para hindi kakayan-kayanin ng mga ibang Board Members. Again, this is my opinion. I still believe that the good UE Board Members have done their best to represent our beloved Alma Mater.

And that non-call for the Ateneo back-court violation which obviously changed the outcome of the game, wala tayong ginawa? Tanggapin na lang for sportsmanship? It's one helluva legit ground for protest!!!! (And it's not for desperation's sake to make it clear!)

Lagi na lang ba tayo biktima ng unfair officiating?Both non-calls and ticky-tack fouls? Ilang taon na ba tayo nabibiktima ng ganyan? Case in point, yung foul na tinawag kay Mark Borboran during the dying seconds of the 2007 Game 1 UE-DLSU Finals which resulted to the game-winning free-throw of Rico Maierhofer(correct me I'f I'm wrong?). The flopping of Rabah Al-husseini against Pari Llagas during the 2009 Game 1 of the UE-ADMU Finals?Nakatayo lang si Llagas, si Rabah tumatakbo towards Pari at nag-inarteng natumba sa sahig? Pari was called for an offensive foul. Brilliant isn't? Another example, nung finals din against Ateneo, Eric Salamat was driving for a fast-break at hinahabol sya ni Elmer Espiritu, hinagis na lang nya yung bola sa board at ni walang chance pumasok at dumikit sa ring at kinuha ni Elmer, goal tending daw!!!!

And now with the UAAP Board unbelievably comical decision, they have shattered the UAAP's already-tarnished reputation bigtime!

With UAAP's plethora of hullabaloos and brouhahas, the UAAP status quo is slowly becoming shady and uncertain so to speak.

And with the latest motion filed by the ADMU Board Ricky Palou to remove the DLSU Board Members, UAAP is going to be a faux pas waiting to happen!(or has already happened!).

I bet this latest UAAP drama is going to be tantamount to the Pork Barrel Telenovela!

To be blunt, I'll rather choose UE to transfer to a less-glamorous like the NCAA which we can play against fair and square competition, let alone handled and managed by less biased Board Members.

This one's for the UAAP Board...

What goes around, comes around!

It may be an old adage but it never gets out-of-style.

In the right time and the right moment...

Where the offense is, the great axe will fall to serve poetic justice!
icemint
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by syadaker on Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:56 am

"A source said De La Salle stood in favor of slapping Ateneo with a forfeiture, insisting that Perasol violated a league rule that restricts suspended team officials from being in the venue."

Tapos yung ibang board members? Di lumaban? Tsk! Tsk! Tsk!

syadaker

Back to top Go down

Post by Anonymous_Red on Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:10 am

in the Eyes of a Young
Spectator “What you do speaks so
loud that I cannot hear you
speak.” - Ralph Waldo Emerson The recent controversies in the Universities Athletic
Association of the
Philippines (UAAP)
Basketball Seniors’ division made me wonder what are the
mission, vision, and objectives of
this sports league. Does it exist
as an avenue to marketing and
promotion of its member
schools? Does it exist solely for the purpose of determining who
is strong and unbeatable in
terms of sports? Does it really
aim to poster sportsmanship? By
aiming to promote
sportsmanship, does it also seek to instill integrity, honesty, and
leadership to its athletes?What message does this league
want to convey to its
audience? What messages
are they actually
conveying? In the last two weeks, #
UAAPCooking NeverEnds has been
trending in the social networks. I
don’t personally subscribe to
this view. However, with the
turn of events, one cannot blame the audience for thinking
that way. An Atenean Prof wrote: “How
can the Ateneo be a witness to
truth when it allows these
injustices to continue right under
its very eyes?” Right now, the games are not as
physically violent, but it is
emotional violence that is
affecting the athletes. A bad call
demoralizes an athlete, but an
athlete has to move on despite of that. On the other hand,
several bad calls in the same
game become an emotional
assault on the entire team.” If that is how an Atenean
professor feels about the game,
then I can infer that the
sentiments of the University of
the East Red Warriors and their
supporters are far deeper than that. The Red Warriors who won
the 2013 FilOil Flying V Hanes
Premiere Cup are having hard
time to get into the final four
due to series of unwarranted
suspensions imposed upon its key players, not to mention the
unlimited bad calls during the
game. One suspension was
imposed by the UAAP
Commissioner after having
reviewed the game on a video. I watched the same game, but
honestly, I didn’t see the
violation being complained of by
the UAAP Commissioner himself. Since when did the
commissioner become a
referee? In the eyes of an
ordinary spectator, this is
blatant injustice. If UAAP aims to promote
sportsmanship, it doesn’t
show. In the eyes of a
typical audience is just a
big picture of manipulated
match where both the players and the audience
had to endure the
emotional and psychological
torment of bad calls and
unjust sanctions. Rules Are Part of the Game As directions are part of the
test, so are rules. They are part
of the game. The act of Blue Eagle’s
coach is a form of
DISHONESTY. Yes, I call it
dishonesty because being a
coach, I presume that
Coach Perasol is wide aware of the UAAP Rules.
Hence, his discreet
presence in the venue
during the game, with or
without the approval by
the UAAP Board is tantamount to intentional
breaking of the rules and
his presence in the arena is
tantamount to dishonesty. In its counter-protest, Ateneo
justified the presence of its
coach within the vicinity by
pointing at Ralf Olivares, UE’s
suspended player who was
occupying a patron seat behind the player’s bench. This is an
obvious case of justifying an
infraction by pointing fingers. But
if we use wisdom and logic, we
would see that there is a big
difference between a coach and a player. The rules also provide
that a suspended coach is
prohibited in the venue while a
suspended player is not allowed
in the bench. Moreover, much is expected
from a coach as he is
expected to set as an
example to his players.
Whether Coach Perasol did
some coaching during the halftime break or not is
not the issue. Whether he
is in good faith or in bad
faith is not the issue
either. His mere presence in
the venue, which the Blue Eagles did not deny, is a
prima facie violation. Is this
the kind of leadership that
we expect from a coach?
To be an example of
dishonesty. It’s a silent way of screaming that
rules can be violated as
long as one can find means
to justify the violation.
It’s a loud way of teaching
the young players that’s ok to break the rules. “Teach the young ones to
break the rules and you
raise a generation of rule
breakers.” To some, this not a big deal, but
as a young spectator who cares
for the next generation, this is
big thing. There are about a
hundred thousand students who
are watching UAAP every season. The subtle messages being
portrayed in the UAAP games
and these subtle messages being
delivered by the Coaches, by the
Board and by the players has an
impact in the growth, perspective, and value formation
of our next leaders. To others, UAAP Basketball
tournament is just a game, and
as such, rules may be ignored.
They would say that the real
battle is in the court where the
strongest team champions. But do the grown-ups, especially the
coaches, ever realize that there
is more valuable than winning?
Has the UAAP Board ever
thought that there is more than
getting a loud cheer and administering a crowd-oriented
game? Have they ever
considered the fact that they
have the power to set as good
example to its young
spectators? If indeed Coach Perasol was
allowed by the Board to be
in the venue, then the
question is, how can the
Board break its own rules?
Why would the Board break the rules for one coach? If
this is the case, what
message is UAAP conveying?
Doesn’t it convey
partiality? Doesn’t it
convey injustice? Doesn’t it concur to what the
young audience perceived
as.. Let UAAP basketball game
not just be a sport where
a crowd can cheer. Let this
be an avenue for value
formation that leaves not
just amusement but also imparts morals to the next
generation. This seasons’ tagline is “Greatness never
Ends” But you know what,“Example moves the world more than
doctrine.” (The writer is an ordinary face in
the crowd who =usually cheers
for Tiger’s Jeric Teng and
Eagle’s Keifer Issac Ravena. But
her personal preferences is not
an excuse to close her eyes to obvious violation, not by just a
player but by a coach. Nor does
her preferences a license to be
silent for what she perceives as
partiality and injustice. )
Anonymous_Red

Back to top Go down

Post by Anonymous_Red on Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:14 am

Dura lex, sed lex We’re not in law school. I
also knew little about it.
Except this one, which
answers.com defines as
“The law is harsh, but it is
the law. What ever hardship a law may cause
an individual, the particular
law is existing for the
benefit of the community
and the harmony it brings.
A person really has rights that are to be observed
but the privelege of the
enjoyment of this rights
should be in consideration
to what is good for all.”
Now why am I saying these? You see, the UAAP
board, them with powers
encompassing even the
basketball gods, has spared
the Ateneo Blue Eagles a
possible forfeiture when their coach, Bo Perasol,
showed up in the game
they won over the
University of the East
Warriors, 77-72, a week
ago when he should have not. Instead, the league
almighty serve a one-game
suspension he was
supposed to be serving had
he not allegedly “asked”
and “granted permission” by the league to attend
the games, even if its just
in the dugout. They spared
UE’s Ralf Olivares too after
sitting “within the
viscinity” of the Warriors’ bench in that same game.
He will serve the second of
his two-game suspension.
In short, UE’s
“clarification” didn’t come
through with the result it desired, which in this case
is forfeiture. They’re now
officially out of the Final
Four race, thanks partly to
their commissioner who
uses video replays like a CCTV trying to catch
shoplifters. Only University
of Santo Tomas benefited
from it as Perasol will sit
out what will turn out a
do-or-die game on Wednesday.
Here’s what UAAP
secretary-treasurer Malou
Isip of Season 76 host
Adamson told Reuben
Terrado of spin.ph and the rest of the media men a
few hours ago: “Coach Bo
was in the game venue
when he was supposed to
be serving his suspension,
that is why the board decided that he should be
serving the penalty
(again).” As background, UE sought
for a probe, or clarification
as the Recto-based school
wants to call it, of
Perasol’s appearance in
the game despite being suspended for the
commotion he was involved
in against a La Salle heckler
before the UST game. Not
wanting to be left out, the
Jesuit-ran school responded by asking why
Olivares is in the venue too
when he was supposed to
be sitting in his bloody
couch back home and
watching it on television, eat his popcorn and just
serve his freaking
suspension. Sportsmaryosep’s
prognosis: I’m no fan of
non-basketball people
meddling with basketball
players, probably traumatic
of the fact that I was a bare witness to San Beda
losing a game they won on
the court to College of St.
Benilde in the other league,
the NCAA, a few seasons
back when the board intervened and forfeited it.
Guess what’s the reason?
Sam Ekwe wore a wrong
uniform. If we will follow the
rules, i mean R-U-L-E-S,
then the league should have forfeited that
Ateneo-UE game and
ordered a replay. I don’t
know, perhaps the league
is scared of Ateneo getting
angry, perhaps not. Or the possibility of the Eagles
bolting out of the league is
just too indigestible. After
all, it’s hard to imagine a
UAAP without Ateneo. But
we have rules in basketball just like laws and the
constitution that we must
respect. Love me or hate
me, but Ateneo was no
victim here. The real victim
here is the league as a whole because this is a bad,
really bad, precedent. The
recent decision has just
created an impression that
rules, just like hearts, can
be broken in the UAAP where Greatness has
ended.
Follow Sportsmaryosep on
Twitter: @JoeySVillar
Anonymous_Red

Back to top Go down

Post by paulodagul on Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:50 am

Sorry but don't be mad at me to be honest, hindi ko talaga maiwasang icompare ang gobyerno at UAAP. Parehas napupulitika. Kaya d na ako magtataka kung bkt hndì na rin maganda ang credibility ng UAAP dahil 80% nang mga pulitiko ay galing sa Lasalle at Ateneo. D nyo b napapansin.

Anyway sana makasama tau sa PCCL at ng magkaalaman kung sinu tlga magaling at tama Smile

paulodagul

Back to top Go down

Post by japeekoi25 on Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:20 pm

sana manalo tayu sa remaining 2 games natin!!! hays sayang ang season nato. ang dam,i natin nasayang na mga game na dapat sa atin talaga. sana nxt season yung mga players natin baguhin naman sana ang ugali wag mainitin maxado ulo. para walang masuspend. binibigyan natin cla ng reason para manalo cla. hinahanapan tayu ng butas lahat na. takot na takot cla manalo tayu. so we have to prove they na warriors are worth it. sana talaga nxt season maayus ang team. pakita natin na iba na talaga ang ue warriors.

japeekoi25

Back to top Go down

Post by japeekoi25 on Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:21 pm

gudluck sa ue pep tomorrow. ana maganda performance nila!!

japeekoi25

Back to top Go down

Post by japeekoi25 on Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:20 pm

anu pala nangyari ke sumang???

japeekoi25

Back to top Go down

Post by icemint on Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:47 pm

Pinagpahinga lang yan..mahirap baka mainjured pa sa isang non-bearing game.

6 pala mawawala sa atin.

Goodbye Sumido, Noble, Casajeros, Olivares, Flores, and Santos!

Thank you for playing your hearts out for our beloved Alma Mater!

icemint
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by icemint on Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:01 pm

The UE Red Warriors def the Adu Soaring Falcon, 77-60! A brilliant game for Bong Galanza and Charles Mammie! Let's all bid goodbye to a great mentor and tactician of the the Soaring Falcons, thank you Coach Leo Austria! Go Fight Red and White!
icemint
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by syadaker on Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:16 pm

Salamat nanalo ulit =)

Thank you JM Noble, Lord Casajeros, Ralf Olivares, Jai Flores, Jhon Sumido and Adie Santos. Good luck!!!

Welcome Moustaph Arafat, Renz Palma, Paulo Varilla, RR De Leon, Benjamin Dy and Daryl Guiang (hula ko lang) =)

syadaker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 23 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top